
Day 5
355 miles
We left Keystone this morning and drove east on interstate 90 through miles and miles of corn fields dotted with silos. It's no wonder that we stopped at the corn palace in Mitchell. The palace has been around since 1931 and is redecorated each year. You can't tell from the picture but the whole building is completely covered in corn and straw and seeds. The inside had huge murals also done completely in corn cobs--welcome to South Dakota. It was a little corny but pretty amazing too. There are lots of RV's, and even more bikers on the road. South Dakota is beautiful--who would know. It was much, much prettier than driving up the 5 between LA and the Bay Area--a nice surprise. We're almost through the first book of Harry Potter. The boys have spread out in the back--life is good for them--I keep reminding them. The people we've met have all been nice, helpful and polite--another nice surprise--kinda the way you have always thought people should be. We leave for Nauvoo tomorrow.
2 comments:
I saw that corn palace on the food network! That is so neat you are actually there! I am getting jealous!
Okay- where are you today?
Melissa comes tomorrow! I still feel like I got the wind knocked out of my sails- it must be a virus. Bummer, I hope Melissa doesn't get it.
Post a Comment