

Day7
Sunday in Nauvoo
We went to church at a local chapel here in Nauvoo--us and 600 other members. The grounds all around Nauvoo's church sites are BREATHTAKING! I want my house to someday have beautiful flower beds! We also drove to Carthage Jail-it was pretty crowded--I think that all 600 members followed us from church. Visiting the jail and walking the grounds was a very moving and almost reverent experience. Being there put a very clear picture in my mind of what it was like for Joseph and I can only imagine the heart ache Emma felt--she was pregnant too! We drove along the Mississippi River--can you even try to imagine crossing that river in the dead of winter? Nauvoo puts on a temple pageant--but only Tuesday nights through Saturday. With our gas mishap we missed it--however on 2 Sunday nights in July they perform a Sunday Sociable--an awesome show that was not only entertaining but pretty professional too. We were lucky to get seats in the first 2 rows near the piano and so could see this very talented guy on the piano--WOW-- and see all the cast members.
Tomorrow we'll visit the sights here in Nauvoo and maybe visit the temple or venture off to Hauns Mill. I have felt on the edge of a very tender emotion I can't quite describe because I can't stop smiling either. I think this will be a high light of our road trip. I am so glad to be here with some of my favorite people.
1 comment:
I know EXACTLY where you are sitting in this picture! In front of the temple by the statue of Jospeh and Hyrum on horses right?
Have so much fun and go on the RLDS tour- it is awesome!
Post a Comment