
Day 11190 miles
Our drive today started in Kirtland, Ohio. I wasn't sure of what there would be there for us to see--so we were pleasantly surprised to find Kirtland beautiful, with green rolling hills--Kirtland itself was charming with hanging baskets overflowing with flowers, wide streets lined with large trees and character homes. We started with a visit to the Kirtland Temple. The early saints living in Kirtland were wonderful, faithful people devoted to their God and their living Prophet.
It's reflected in what they left for us to see today. The Church has dedicated some of the original buildings and offer tours to share with us some of the past that lingers on. Most of the D&C revelations were received in Kirtland, the Church took some giant steps with organization there, they built a temple there--some of the technology they used with AMAZING. We left Kirtland about 1:00 for a drive through Pennsylvania, into New York, and crossed the bridge into Ontario, Canada. We could see the falls on the drive to our Hotel. WOW--we walked down to see them lighted once it got dark and tomorrow will take the boat tour that allows you to get closer to them--I think that means you get wet! The town Niagra Falls, Canada is a busy tourist town with crowds of people. They upgraded our room again, the boys are swimming again and I am still smiling.
2 comments:
Diane - I can not tell you how much our family is enjoying your vacation!!! You are taking the trip of a life time and it sounds like you are enjoying yourselves - a major accomplishment if we were all in the car for 3 weeks !!! I is so good to see pictures of you and Ernie and your darling boys. What a blessing you did not drive your car after the gas mishap!! Please continue to update your blog so the rest of us housebound people can enjoy this beautiful country.
Did they think that someone was trying to kidnap Isaac? What a goofball! I am still jealous and I am still glad that your having great time. Keep on blogging Mom
Post a Comment