Wednesday, September 12, 2007

We're Back To Fall

So perhaps I’ve been a little slow blogging my somewhat unorganized life. In spite of the changing pace during our 5 week road trip, it was easier to write about the places and sights we saw daily. We got home just in time for school orientation and now we’re back into the school year again. Isaac has a full load playing football this year and also finding time for piano lessons—and the practicing. Jacob started high school this year. He has seminary zero period and is so so close to finishing up his Eagle. He went to his first church dance last week and loved it-- the life of a 14 year old. The weather here in Eagle has cooled some from the hot summer days of August. I love fall and am looking forward to the trees turning and shorter days. Maybe what I love most is that as the season turns—the holidays come—I love the Christmas season and how Thanksgiving seems to be the beginning of the party. I even love Halloween—there is something about this witch thing that I can relate to. Sara, my niece—maybe even a very favorite niece came to visit my Mom and Dad the first part of Sept. She came with her husband, Matt and sweet little daughter, Ava. It was so fun to spend some time with her. Lucky me, I get the benefit of seeing those I love when they come to visit any family here in the Boise area. And then finally, this past weekend I has able to meet up with Summer, Lacey and Melissa at my sister, Julie’s house for a long weekend. Lacey brought Landon and Melissa had Izabelle-- always a big draw for me. We laughed and cried and stayed up way too late. We missed Ashley and my Mom who both had conflicts on their calendars. We’ve already planned a weekend for next year to make sure we all keep our calendars clear. I can already hardy wait :)

6 comments:

lacey said...

Send me a picture of your halloween house- especially when the witch is finished. I too am already gearing up for the next sisters weekend. It was nice to just hang out and laugh (at Doug of course).

Melissa and Chad said...

I love you Mom. I already miss you! I am so glad my brothers are having a good year, or begining anyway!

Susie said...

Fall is the very best time of the year- it's made me sad this year to not having to get anyone ready for school. Isn't having a weekend with your girls the very best!!

The Paske Family said...

Being in Boise to see everyone was faboulous. And of course I can't believe I am possibly your favorite niece. What do I have to do to secure that spot? Come visit you every year????? I'm in! It was so nice to see you last week and we missed you at teh end of the week. Grandma and I kept saying....hmmmmm what do you think those girls are doing right now? Anyway I am looking forward to seeing you and your family agian. I know Matt loved hanging out with your boys and can't wait to give Isaac some footbsll tips.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see a picture of your witch- Will there be any resemblance? Just kidding- I can't believe how fast those boys are growing, they are almost like men. How was Jacob's dance? Did he dance with anyone?
-come on Mom spill the dirt.

Kate Nelson said...

Diane, I read your blog all the time with Dallin in tow, but find it diffacult to type with one hand while bouncing the little man (are you getting the visual?). I am so glad you keep us all informed and must admit that I am green with envy that Sara is your favorite niece. Although, you did say 'a' favorite niece. Which, of course, leads me to assume that I must also be in that same catagory. :) By the way, the St. Louis Temple is my temple. I'm sure you drove right past my house (5 min off I-70 or 10 min off I-40). I would have made you stop by on your drive East, but we spent that entire time in Houston, TX. I was sad to miss you. I hear rumor of a family reunion next year. Please post deails - we are hoping to come!!! :)